prefer Linux but I know people who will use only windows s/w.

Thanks,

John
Re: Win NT, 98 [ In reply to ]
John Fernandes <ronnyf@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in> writes:

> I just wanted to know if there is a Win NT, etc port of gpg? I personally
> prefer Linux but I know people who will use only windows s/w.

Some annonations regarding GnuPG and Windows, NT (1999-01-05)

1. It should be clickable and colored:

The GNOME project as such a frontend for GnuPG but it is a pitty
that development has stopped. GnuPG has some special options to
support such frontends.

Because GTK is also available for Windows, it should be easy
to port this frontend to Windows (The GIMP runs udner Windoze)

2. It should run under Windows :

I have only to compile it and write a Windoze entropy gathering
module. What I do to compile it on Unix is:

$ ./configure --target=i386--mingw32
$ make
$ cp g10/gpg somewhere/gpg.exe

But there is still no such gathering module. I'll better spend
my spare time to support good software.

3. Libraries:

Version 1.0 will have no library but I am working on a GNU crypto
library. GnuPG has some special features to act like a sub program
of another program.

4. GPL:

GnuPG is part of the GNU project und licensed under the GPL.
Please keep this in mind. I can only apply patches if the FSF has
received a signed disclaimer - bug reports and patches to show a
problem are very welcome. To read mor about this enter
"info standards" on Linux.

Sorry, for the canned reply.

Werner