ralf
--
http://www.tmt.de/~stephan/
Re: 0.9.0: import [ In reply to ]
ralf.stephan@fitug.de writes:

> gpg:t: key DB089309: invalid self-signature
> gpg:t: key DB089309: no valid user ids
> gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
> gpg: Total number processed: 1
> gpg: w/o user IDs: 1

The key has no certified user ID. User IDs are only accepted when
they are signed by the key they belong to.

Werner
Re: 0.9.0: import [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 06:19:47PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

> The key has no certified user ID. User IDs are only accepted when
> they are signed by the key they belong to.

I'm afraid things aren't so easy. The key in question _does_ have a
certified user id, but gpg says that this self signature is invalid.

BTW, it's remarkable that the public key packet and the
self-signature have precisely the same time stamp in this case,
namely 858597270.

tlr
--
Thomas Roessler · 74a353cc0b19 · dg1ktr · http://home.pages.de/~roessler/
2048/CE6AC6C1 · 4E 04 F0 BC 72 FF 14 23 44 85 D1 A1 3B B0 73 C1