Mailing List Archive

Fails on make check
I've built GnuPG 0.4.3 under Linux RH 5.1 i386, egcs 1.0.2
the make check gives the following: (I've extracted the error messages)

rpm:~/BUILD/gnupg-0.4.3$ make check | grep FAIL
cmp: EOF on plain-1
encryptp.test: plain-1: mismatch
FAIL: encryptp.test
cmp: EOF on plain-1
armencryptp.test: plain-1: mismatch
FAIL: armencryptp.test
Cosa scegli? FAIL: genkey1024.test
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[2]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [check] Error 2

But if I set the LANG environment variable to "en", instead of "it", all
goes fine.

Is there a problem with tests or is a problem of gpg itself? If it's related
only to check section, LANG should be unset by make check, I think.

--
Fabio Coatti http://felix.unife.it/~cova
Ferrara Linux Users Group http://flug.unife.it
Re: Fails on make check [ In reply to ]
Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:

> But if I set the LANG environment variable to "en", instead of "it", all
> goes fine.
>
> Is there a problem with tests or is a problem of gpg itself? If it's related
> only to check section, LANG should be unset by make check, I think.

Please can someone debug this - I assume that a informational message
is printed to stdout and not filtered out by run-gpg.
Re: Fails on make check [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 09:53:59AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:
>
> > But if I set the LANG environment variable to "en", instead of "it", all
> > goes fine.
> >
> > Is there a problem with tests or is a problem of gpg itself? If it's related
> > only to check section, LANG should be unset by make check, I think.
>
> Please can someone debug this - I assume that a informational message
> is printed to stdout and not filtered out by run-gpg.

Simply the test scripts uses the "expect" keyword related with the default
gpg messages (english),

(for example, genkey1024.test:
--------------------------------------
expect {
-exact "Please select what kind of key you want:\r
(1) DSA and ElGamal (default)\r
(2) ElGamal (sign and encrypt)\r
(4) DSA (sign only)\r
(5) ElGamal in a v3 packet\r
Your selection? " { send -- "1\r" }
timeout { exit 1 } }
--------------------------------------

So it's unable to handle messages in other
languages. Instead of modify test scripts, I suggest to put a couple of
lines like

LANG =
LC_ALL =
LANGUAGE =

in Makefile to avoid gpg to use locale languages.
I'm not an expert of localization, so I'm not sure of which env
variables have to be unset, but on my system all tests goes just fine with
LANG =
in checks/Makefile

I don't know how to handle automake/conf, so I can't create a patch file for
this :-(

Re: Fails on make check [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 09:53:59AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> > But if I set the LANG environment variable to "en", instead of "it", all
> > goes fine.
> >
> > Is there a problem with tests or is a problem of gpg itself? If it's related
> > only to check section, LANG should be unset by make check, I think.
>
> Please can someone debug this - I assume that a informational message
> is printed to stdout and not filtered out by run-gpg.

Well, I had the same problem. (Actually, I have) When my LANG variable is set to what
I think is reasonable for my computer I have many (5?) tests failed, if it is unset,
everything goes fine.

--
Mike
Re: Fails on make check [ In reply to ]
Fabio Coatti <cova@felix.unife.it> writes:

> Simply the test scripts uses the "expect" keyword related with the default
> gpg messages (english),

I already did this there. but I think this is not the problem with

$ cd checks
$ LANG=de srcdir=. ./encryptp.test

werner