cova@felix.unife.it http://felix.unife.it/~cova
GnuPG fp:6AB9 277E 9AA7 9D20 E82C 9EE7 2D17 E351 3DCB 0CDC
Old SysOps never die... they simply forget their password.
Re: id matching [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Fabio Coatti wrote:

> I've noticed that
>
> gpg --list-keys name
>
> shows only the first match for "name", even if I've more than one key in my
> keyring that has "name" somewhere.
> Is this the correct behaviour?

Personally, I find this behavior somewhat annoying. I wouldn't even
notice it if pgp* didn't do the opposite. Had I more time, I'd work on
fixing it but for now, just chalk me up as another complainer. :-)

C=)

Heuer's Law: Any feature is a bug unless it can be turned off.
Caskey <caskey*technocage.com> /// pager.818.698.2306
TechnoCage Inc. ///| gpg: aiiieeeeeee!!!
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Re: id matching [ In reply to ]
This is the biggest complaint I hear from people when I talk to them about
gpg.

Re: id matching [ In reply to ]
Kirk Fort <kirk@patrohn.com> writes:

> This is the biggest complaint I hear from people when I talk to them about
> gpg.

And the first time I see it here on the ML; I only new that my brother
complained about it. Frankly, I forgot that I have to fix the
behaviour :-( You will notice it on the TODO list in th next release.

BTW, I need a clever algorithms to store strings in a DB and do
a substring search. I don't wan't to do a sequentiell search, but I
doubt that there is any other way (without building an index which is
not good because I have to insert many new items - or use a overflow
list until the next index run?).

Werner
Re: id matching [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 07:09:37PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> BTW, I need a clever algorithms to store strings in a DB and do
> a substring search. I don't wan't to do a sequentiell search, but I
> doubt that there is any other way (without building an index which is
> not good because I have to insert many new items - or use a overflow
> list until the next index run?).
I have not looked into source, maybe you just need to use clever *search*
algorithms?

--
Mike
Re: id matching [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 07:09:37PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> BTW, I need a clever algorithms to store strings in a DB and do
> a substring search. I don't wan't to do a sequentiell search, but I
> doubt that there is any other way (without building an index which is
> not good because I have to insert many new items - or use a overflow
> list until the next index run?).

How about a btree? They work also on disk.

Frank
Re: id matching [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:37:58 +0100 "Frank J. Beckmann" wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 1998 at 07:09:37PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> > BTW, I need a clever algorithms to store strings in a DB and do
> > a substring search. I don't wan't to do a sequentiell search, but I
> > doubt that there is any other way (without building an index which is
> > not good because I have to insert many new items - or use a overflow
> > list until the next index run?).
>
> How about a btree? They work also on disk.

Good idea. The BSD db-library provides a BTree-interface.

David
--
David Frey (B98D36A9) = 51F35923114FC864 7D05FF173C61EFDE
-- Henry Spencer