Mailing List Archive

make check fails (FreeBSD)
Hi,

I'm testing gnupg 0.4.2 on FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE. But I got failure in
"make check" stage. What should I do about this?

--
Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
// kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG
Re: make check fails (FreeBSD) [ In reply to ]
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp> writes:

> I'm testing gnupg 0.4.2 on FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE. But I got failure in
> "make check" stage. What should I do about this?
[...]
> > mds.test: TIGER failed for empty string

Thre is no dynamic linking for FreeBSD yet, right? So you do not have
Tiger and therefore the test fails. I see I have to improve the test
suite a little bit.

Werner
Re: make check fails (FreeBSD) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Werner Koch wrote:
>Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp> writes:
>
>> I'm testing gnupg 0.4.2 on FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE. But I got failure in
>> "make check" stage. What should I do about this?
>[...]
>> > mds.test: TIGER failed for empty string
>
>Thre is no dynamic linking for FreeBSD yet, right? So you do not have
>Tiger and therefore the test fails. I see I have to improve the test
>suite a little bit.
>
> Werner

Could allways just print an err message for freeBSD that the two errors
are expected, to clear them up, please upgrade to FreeBSD 3.0.0 which uses
ELF (Finally!) and thus has dynamic linking.. w00h00.

Although I personally rather linux, I see/know others would rather run
FreeBSD, but 2.2.6 and earlier still used a.out, something that has not
been standard in many years, FreeBSD, laggingly upgraded to ELF just now
with ELF format.

One minor thing though, is FreeBSD 3.0.0 final yet or still beta? I
_think_ it is final, but i would not take my word for it... oops. 2.2.7 is
latest out, the Betas of 3.0.0 do support ELF

-- Max Inux <maxinux@openpgp.net> Hey Christy!!! KeyID 0x8907E9E5
Kinky Sex makes the world go round O R Strong crypto makes the world safe
If crypto is outlawed only outlaws will have crypto
Fingerprint(Photo Also): 259D 59F7 D98C CD73 1ACD 54Ea 6C43 4877 8907 E9E5
Re: make check fails (FreeBSD) [ In reply to ]
Max Inux writes:
On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Werner Koch wrote:
>Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp> writes:
>> I'm testing gnupg 0.4.2 on FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE. But I got failure in
>> "make check" stage. What should I do about this?
>[...]
>> > mds.test: TIGER failed for empty string

I am running 2.2-stable as well and i did not encounter this problem.

One minor thing though, is FreeBSD 3.0.0 final yet or still beta? I
_think_ it is final, but i would not take my word for it... oops. 2.2.7 is
latest out, the Betas of 3.0.0 do support ELF

3.0 has been released. Treat just like any other x.0 release :) The
move to ELF is going smoothly, from what i'm seeing.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri Numerical Aerospace Simulation Facility
DSS/Usenet Administrator NASA Ames Research Center
Re: make check fails (FreeBSD) [ In reply to ]
Max Inux <maxinux@openpgp.net> writes:

> Could allways just print an err message for freeBSD that the two errors

Now I check whether Tiger is available before doing the test

> are expected, to clear them up, please upgrade to FreeBSD 3.0.0 which uses
> ELF (Finally!) and thus has dynamic linking.. w00h00.

I have some code for non-elf systems (using dld) - but I done no
testst and I sure it does not work yet.

Werner
Re: make check fails (FreeBSD) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 09:32:32AM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
> Max Inux <maxinux@openpgp.net> writes:
> > are expected, to clear them up, please upgrade to FreeBSD 3.0.0 which uses
> > ELF (Finally!) and thus has dynamic linking.. w00h00.
>
> I have some code for non-elf systems (using dld) - but I done no
> testst and I sure it does not work yet.

Dynamic linking works on FreeBSD 3.0 elf. It needs

#define USE_DYNAMIC_LINKING
#define HAVE_DL_DLOPEN

and the ld option -export-dynamic.

Frank