--
Jun Kuriyama // kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp
// kuriyama@FreeBSD.ORG
Re: US Restrictions for gnupg [ In reply to ]
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama@sky.rim.or.jp> writes:

> 1) Can we distribute gnupg tarball from US ftp site to other countries?

No. Mainly because I have some doubts that you will have Internet
access in jail ;-)

> 2) Are there any restrictions about crypto code in gnupg?

No. GNUPG does not use any patented algorithms. It is legal to export
gnupg from mayn countries but not from the U.S. Debian uses a German
server for all "non-US" stuff.

See:

http://www.eff.org/pub/Crypto/ITAR_export/

for more.

Werner
Re: US Restrictions for gnupg [ In reply to ]
Werner Koch wrote:
> No. Mainly because I have some doubts that you will have Internet
> access in jail ;-)

Laptop and telephone are prohibited in jail? :-) I don't have any
experience to be in it. :-)

> > 2) Are there any restrictions about crypto code in gnupg?
>
> No. GNUPG does not use any patented algorithms. It is legal to export
> gnupg from mayn countries but not from the U.S. Debian uses a German
> server for all "non-US" stuff.

Thanks, I understood it. We will use non-US repository for this port.

BTW, can you check these patches for gnupg 0.4.1? FreeBSD-3.0 will be
released in 15th Oct., but this system is based on ELF binary by
default. So GNU configure system needs patches for this.