please stay tuned ....

--
Werner Koch, Duesseldorf - werner.koch@guug.de - PGP keyID: 0C9857A5
Re: reality check [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, Werner Koch wrote:

> I have implemented a much faster prime number generator which is
> now used to generate strong ElGamal keys. Because it is now
> possible to sign keys, I'm sure that I can make a first preview
> release in the next days.

Sounds great. How far from a completed project do you feel you are? In
any case, I can start on the documentation for the program over Christmas
(if noone has any objections), so we can have both done at the same time.

> The current version does only work on Linux for i386, it may
> work on other little endian boxes if they have a random device.
> Big Endian boxes may have some problems; I can try it on a HP in
> some days.

When you've got source available, I can try in on an IBM AIX system, as
well as compiling an MSDOS version.

/\/\att /\/\astracci mmastrac@acs.ucalgary.ca

"Tout choses sont dites deja, mais comme personne n'ecoute, il faut
toujours recommencer."
Re: reality check [ In reply to ]
Matthew Mastracci <mmastrac@acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:

> When you've got source available, I can try in on an IBM AIX system, as
> well as compiling an MSDOS version.

We need the random device, so it will not work on systems without such
a thing. But you can try to configure it on AIX if you like.

--
Werner Koch, Duesseldorf - werner.koch@guug.de - PGP keyID: 0C9857A5
Re: reality check [ In reply to ]
>>When you've got source available, I can try in on an IBM AIX system, as
>>well as compiling an MSDOS version.
>We need the random device, so it will not work on systems without such
>a thing. But you can try to configure it on AIX if you like.

You don't really need a random device, there are other ways to get randomness
from the system such as the one I use in cryptlib,
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/, feel free to use that if you
want. Works under Unix, BeOS, Win16, Win'95, and NT, and (to some extent)
OS/2. I'll be presenting a paper on this at the Usenix security symposium in
January.

Peter.