image source and see long chunks of strange data. Does anyone know
what to do in this situation?

- Grant

Re: [OT] images not showing up in email [ In reply to ]
Grant wrote:
> When I get forwards, sometimes the images don't show up. I've tried
> in a Yahoo and Gmail email account and neither works. Other people
> that the forwards are sent to can see them fine. I'm thinking this
> might have to do with the fact that it's webmail. I can view the
> image source and see long chunks of strange data. Does anyone know
> what to do in this situation?
>
> - Grant

What browser are you using? Does it possibly have a setting to control
image display? Perhaps of certain types of images, based on extension?
Do the images that don't display have anything in common, that can be
distinguished from the images that do?

Holly

Re: [OT] images not showing up in email [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:09:59 +0200, Holly Bostick <motub@planet.nl> wrote:
> Grant wrote:
>

> > When I get forwards, sometimes the images don't show up. I've tried
> > in a Yahoo and Gmail email account and neither works. Other people
> > that the forwards are sent to can see them fine. I'm thinking this
> > might have to do with the fact that it's webmail. I can view the
> > image source and see long chunks of strange data. Does anyone know
> > what to do in this situation?
> >
> > - Grant
> >

> What browser are you using? Does it possibly have a setting to control
> image display? Perhaps of certain types of images, based on extension?
> Do the images that don't display have anything in common, that can be
> distinguished from the images that do?

I'm mostly a Gmail user. Some emails with images display as soon as I
open the mail, others are hidden until I click on "Display external
images", and others won't display no way, no how. I haven't yet
determined what the difference is.

You could try forwarding one to me, and I'll try it out. I use Gmail
and Firefox, fwiw.

--
/\/\
(CR) Collins Richey