Is there a nice, easy, command to do this?

Thank you.

Gabe.

Re: Dependency troubles [ In reply to ]
A. Gabriel W. Daleson wrote:
> I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this.
>
> I just found out that bonobo has been raising Cain on my system, and
> removed it, along with its obvious partners in crime libbonobo and
> libbonobogui, and made sure to unset the bonobo USE flag.
> Now to make everything work, I've got to rebuild everything that
> relied on bonobo. I've tried doing this with emerge --newuse, but that
> simply will rebuild bonobo. I've grepped through the output of emerge -epv
> world, but that doesn't tell me what I should rebuild either.
> Is there a nice, easy, command to do this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gabe.

Not sure, unless it's "emerge --newuse --deep world", but checking out
the reverse dependencies of bonobo on http://gentoo-portage.com produces:

Programs That Depend On bonobo

app-text/gnome-spell
dev-python/bonobo-python
gnome-base/libbonobo
gnome-base/nautilus
gnome-extra/bonobo-conf
gnome-extra/gnome-db
gnome-extra/gtkhtml
gnome-extra/guppi
gnome-extra/libgda
mail-client/evolution
media-gfx/eog
media-gfx/gthumb
bonobo app-office/gnumeric
bonobo app-text/ggv
bonobo dev-util/glade
bonobo gnome-base/libglade
bonobo media-gfx/sodipodi
gnome media-gfx/gtkam

So re-emerging whichever of these programs you might have installed (or
heck, just re-emerge gnome and have done ;-) ), should cover it.

Hope this helps,
Holly

Re: Dependency troubles [ In reply to ]
A. Gabriel W. Daleson wrote:
> I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this.
>
> I just found out that bonobo has been raising Cain on my system, and
> removed it, along with its obvious partners in crime libbonobo and
> libbonobogui, and made sure to unset the bonobo USE flag.
> Now to make everything work, I've got to rebuild everything that
> relied on bonobo. I've tried doing this with emerge --newuse, but that
> simply will rebuild bonobo. I've grepped through the output of emerge -epv
> world, but that doesn't tell me what I should rebuild either.
> Is there a nice, easy, command to do this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Gabe.

Just was looking through the wiki for something else and found this, you
might want to look at it:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Recompile_with_different_Use_flags

Holly