Xterm
Pkgconfig
Jpeg

Re: Emerge Links w/o xorg [ In reply to ]
On 2004-10-26 11:31:40 -0400, Debelius, Brian wrote:
> How can I emerge Links without all the other unrelated crap that comes with
> the emerge, like
>
> Svgalib
> Gpm
> Libpng
> Freetype
> Ttmkfdir
> Fontconfig
> Opengl-update
> Xorg-x11
> Rpm2targz
> Utemter
> Xterm
> Pkgconfig
> Jpeg

[11:34:41 dwc@adora ~]$ emerge -pv links

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild N ] net-www/links-2.1_pre15 +X -directfb -fbcon +gpm
-javascript +jpeg +png +ssl +svga +tiff -unicode 3,700 kB

Total size of downloads: 3,700 kB

You can read about USE flags in the Gentoo Handbook:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=2

--
Daniel Westermann-Clark

Re: Emerge Links w/o xorg [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:31:40 -0400
"Debelius, Brian" <bdebelius@advprograms.com> wrote:

> How can I emerge Links without all the other unrelated crap that
> comes with the emerge, like
>
> Svgalib
> Gpm
> Libpng
> Freetype
> Ttmkfdir
> Fontconfig
> Opengl-update
> Xorg-x11
> Rpm2targz
> Utemter
> Xterm
> Pkgconfig
> Jpeg

just remove all the related USE flags from your make.conf

links has X, directfb, fbcon, gpm, javascript, jpeg, png, ssl,
svga, tiff and unicode as USE flags

Bye
--
Homepage: http://slomosnail.de
GPG Public Key: 0x5BE41F21 at http://slomosnail.de/files/gpg.asc

RE: Emerge Links w/o xorg [ In reply to ]
thanks

Re: Emerge Links w/o xorg [ In reply to ]
> How can I emerge Links without all the other unrelated crap that comes with
> the emerge, like

USE="-X -unwanted -crap -etc" emerge links

take a look at the USE-flag howto on www.gentoo.org.