Leonid Podolny | Email: leonidp(at)vboxcomm.com
V@Box Communications | Phones: +972-9-950-2821 ext. 120
Linux Drivers Department | +972-54-5696948
Re: changed USE flags [ In reply to ]
Leonid Podolny wrote:

> Hi, list
> How can I find out all the packages that were compiled with USE flags
> different from the current set? I built a wild bash one-liner that
> runs "etcat -u" on every package installed, then looks for "- +" or "+
> -" strings inside, etc, etc, but it runs long minutes and awfully not
> elegant. Is there a standard way?

Take a look at man emerge and search for newuse... I haven't tested
it yet, as it's there only from portage 2.0.51, so you may give it a try
and tell us the results.

Best regards
Jose

Re: changed USE flags [ In reply to ]
Make sure you have Portage 2.0.51 or newer.

emerge --pretend --newuse world

Re: changed USE flags [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:16:25 +0200
Leonid Podolny <leonid@junior1.technion.ac.il> wrote:

> Hi, list
> How can I find out all the packages that were compiled with USE
> flags different from the current set? I built a wild bash one-liner
> that runs "etcat -u" on every package installed, then looks for "-
> +" or "+ -" strings inside, etc, etc, but it runs long minutes and
> awfully not elegant. Is there a standard way?

you can do:
emerge -pev world | grep "\*"

and remerge all packages it prints
or you can use a new portage feature i haven't tested so far:
emerge --newuse --update --deep world

Bye
--
Homepage: http://slomosnail.de