Mailing List Archive

bootstrap fetch error
Hi all;

I am a gentoo newbie. I am installing gentoo on
VWWare4.0.
I downloaded the minimal cd and booted from that.
Followed the installation doc on the site. Upto
getting portage thru net its fine.
But when i do
cd /usr/portage
scripts/bootstrap.sh -f

to fetch only the sources first....it is unable to
download some of the sources...and fails with an error

it fails for pacages such as "db, protector" etc and
then exits failing to download gcc-3.3.4-r1.ebuild .

PLEASE HELP

Can i choose any alternative way(i do not want to
download heavy full CD ~600MB)...can i select a
location from where all the sources will be available.
Regards;
Rituraj

Re: bootstrap fetch error [ In reply to ]
2004-10-26, k keltezéssel 02:23-kor RituRaj ezt írta:
> Hi all;
> cd /usr/portage
> scripts/bootstrap.sh -f
> to fetch only the sources first....it is unable to
> download some of the sources...and fails with an error
> it fails for pacages such as "db, protector" etc and
> then exits failing to download gcc-3.3.4-r1.ebuild .

IMHO take a look at man make.conf and search for the GENTOO_MIRRORS
variable.

Cheers, Zsoltik@

relate to the official business of Online Business Technologies Corp.
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. In such cases
Online Business Technologies Corp. will not bear the responsibility of
consequences.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
system manager immediately by responding to this email and then delete
it from your system.

A levelben foglalt, nem az Online Rt. hivatalos uzletmenetevel kapcsolatos
velemenyek vagy mas informaciok vonatkozasaban az Online Rt. nem vallal
felelosseget.
Amennyiben a level valamely hiba folytan jutott Onhoz, kerjuk, hogy
valaszlevelben azonnal ertesitse a rendszer uzemeltetojet, majd torolje ki
a levelet rendszerebol!
Re: bootstrap fetch error [ In reply to ]
Thanks a lot ...it works now.
Will need more help as i progress and experiment with
this sexy OS .
;-)

Regards;
Rituraj