Mailing List Archive

Off-topic: KVM with 2304x1440 monitor resolution
Does anyone know of such a beast?

Re: Off-topic: KVM with 2304x1440 monitor resolution [ In reply to ]
Sorry if I misunderstand the question, but shouldn't the resolution be
dependent on the monitor and have nothing to do with the KVM?

Re: Off-topic: KVM with 2304x1440 monitor resolution [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 08:37:10PM -0500, John Bartko wrote:

> Sorry if I misunderstand the question, but shouldn't the resolution be
> dependent on the monitor and have nothing to do with the KVM?

KVM's have bandwidth limits, say 300MHz, that translates into a
combination of resolution,color depth and refresh freq.The manufacturers
typically list the resolution for 24 bit color at a given refresh rate and
a bandwidth.The ability to trade off color depth and refresh rate for
resolution depends on the individual situation.

Ray Warren

Re: Off-topic: KVM with 2304x1440 monitor resolution [ In reply to ]
My mistake. Learn something new everyday!