< http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/~jnagyjr/images/png/mail-error/mail-02-error.png >

and when I exit mutt I get the following lines of message on the console:

< http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/~jnagyjr/images/png/mail-error/mail-03-error.png >

What's going on? I've tried setting the EDITOR variable to /usr/bin/vim but
it's just ignored.
--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large
Re: Problems with mutt, nano and useradd [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 03:51:43PM -0500, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote the following:
> I've added a couple of new users to my system, mainly to help keep all my
> website hosting crap straight and organized.
>
> I'm having a problem though with using nano via mutt.
>
> < http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/~jnagyjr/images/png/mail-error/mail-01-error.png >
>
> Then when I start typing,
>
> < http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/~jnagyjr/images/png/mail-error/mail-02-error.png >
>
> and when I exit mutt I get the following lines of message on the console:
>
> < http://joseph-a-nagy-jr.us/~jnagyjr/images/png/mail-error/mail-03-error.png >
>
> What's going on? I've tried setting the EDITOR variable to /usr/bin/vim but
> it's just ignored.

Okay, editing profile.env solved the error, but not the original problem (I
added "export EDITOR='/usr/bin/vim'" to it).

Re: Problems with mutt, nano and useradd [ In reply to ]
Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> Okay, editing profile.env solved the error, but not the original problem (I
> added "export EDITOR='/usr/bin/vim'" to it).

EDITOR is defined in /etc/rc.conf (and explicitly taken from there in
/etc/profile).

ps:
$ head /etc/profile.env
# THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED BY env-update.
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. CHANGES TO STARTUP PROFILES
# GO INTO /etc/profile NOT /etc/profile.env

--
Yoann Pannier

Re: Re: Problems with mutt, nano and useradd [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 12:02:52PM +0200, Yoann Pannier wrote the following:
> Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. wrote:
> > Okay, editing profile.env solved the error, but not the original problem (I
> > added "export EDITOR='/usr/bin/vim'" to it).
>
> EDITOR is defined in /etc/rc.conf (and explicitly taken from there in
> /etc/profile).

Yeah, I edited those two as well.

> ps:
> $ head /etc/profile.env
> # THIS FILE IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED BY env-update.
> # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. CHANGES TO STARTUP PROFILES
> # GO INTO /etc/profile NOT /etc/profile.env
>
> --
> Yoann Pannier

Ah, didn't see that. I just wanted to get this problem witn nano fixed.