Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at

Re: getting started with samba (almost so neub to be OT!) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 01:35:23 +0200, Antoine <melser.anton@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have samba set up and running (?) on my server. I have looked a bit
> on the net but I can't seem to get the other machines to connect. Can
> anyone give me a good resource to get this sucker running?

Have you done:

/etc/init.d/samba start

Have you edited:

/etc/samba/smb.conf

--
paperCrane --Justin Patrin--

Re: getting started with samba (almost so neub to be OT!) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 17:55 -0700, Justin Patrin wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 01:35:23 +0200, Antoine <melser.anton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have samba set up and running (?) on my server. I have looked a bit
> > on the net but I can't seem to get the other machines to connect. Can
> > anyone give me a good resource to get this sucker running?
>
> Have you done:
>
> /etc/init.d/samba start
>
> Have you edited:
>
> /etc/samba/smb.conf

Yes. Don't waste your time with and HOWTO's or the like. There is a
good book called Samba-3 by Example. Can't remember where I found it.
Just google for it. You can download it, or read it on line. Start with
a simple set up (it will work out of the box, so to speak).
--
Derick Drumm <derick@derick.gotdns.com>
Innovative Open Source Solutions

Re: SOLVED getting started with samba (almost so neub to be OT!) [ In reply to ]
> Yes. Don't waste your time with and HOWTO's or the like. There is a
> good book called Samba-3 by Example. Can't remember where I found it.
> Just google for it. You can download it, or read it on line. Start with
> a simple set up (it will work out of the box, so to speak).

Cheers for that. I now have my gentoo server providing printing and
fileserving to all machines, gentoo and doze. Great stuff!
Cheers
Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at