gnome-cd-burner and gnome (metapackage).
After that you start dbus and ivman in /etc/init.d and that's all.
After putting a just recorded CD into DVD-reader it mounts pops onto
desktop ready for browsing (in new /media-dir). When recording putting a
blank-CD into CDRW was also marked with a desktop icon (blank CD).
HTH
--
Rumen Yotov <rumen_yotov@dir.bg>
Re: HAL in gnome-2.8 is working [ In reply to ]
2004-10-22, p keltezéssel 00:30-kor Rumen Yotov ezt írta:
> After that you start dbus and ivman in /etc/init.d and that's all.
> After putting a just recorded CD into DVD-reader it mounts pops onto
> desktop ready for browsing (in new /media-dir). When recording putting a
> blank-CD into CDRW was also marked with a desktop icon (blank CD).

I don't have ivman in my /etc/init.d/ . where does it come from?

Zsoltik@

relate to the official business of Online Business Technologies Corp.
shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. In such cases
Online Business Technologies Corp. will not bear the responsibility of
consequences.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
system manager immediately by responding to this email and then delete
it from your system.

A levelben foglalt, nem az Online Rt. hivatalos uzletmenetevel kapcsolatos
velemenyek vagy mas informaciok vonatkozasaban az Online Rt. nem vallal
felelosseget.
Amennyiben a level valamely hiba folytan jutott Onhoz, kerjuk, hogy
valaszlevelben azonnal ertesitse a rendszer uzemeltetojet, majd torolje ki
a levelet rendszerebol!
Re: HAL in gnome-2.8 is working [ In reply to ]
Botykai Zsolt wrote:

>2004-10-22, p keltezéssel 00:30-kor Rumen Yotov ezt írta:
>

>>After that you start dbus and ivman in /etc/init.d and that's all.
>>After putting a just recorded CD into DVD-reader it mounts pops onto
>>desktop ready for browsing (in new /media-dir). When recording putting a
>>blank-CD into CDRW was also marked with a desktop icon (blank CD).
>>

>I don't have ivman in my /etc/init.d/ . where does it come from?
>
>Zsoltik@
>
>..SKIP...
>

>--

After installing ivman it should be there. Watch the emerge logs after
emerging the packages - there is a message about activation the package
in question.
i remember had to add two services - one is dbus the other seems to be
ivman but check yourself.
PS: don't have a Linux right now.
HTH
Rumen