switch to dhcp on its own.

Could you please help me using those aliases?

Vittorio

Re: iface_ethx aliases [ In reply to ]
Hi Vittorio,

Quoting Vittorio <v.demartino2@virgilio.it>:
> iface_eth0="192.168.10.1"
> alias_iface_eth0="dhcp"
> iface_eth1="192.168.10.2" # wireless card
> alias_iface_eth1="dhcp" # wireless card

I have it the other way - iface_eth* as dhcp and alias as fixed on both my
ethernet card as well as wireless card and it works

HTH
R'twick
--
This is a signature

Re: iface_ethx aliases [ In reply to ]
Yes, but the problem is (I forgot to mention) that in /etc/net I set
also a "gateway=192.168.10.30" option, which - I believe - makes thing
worse.

Vittorio