Mailing List Archive

OT: Is there some proxies to login freenode?
Hi, all:

I am in Xiamen China. I am using China Telecom's network. But i found
that i could not login irc.freenode.net. Few monthes ago, i used a proxy
to login successfully, but now i have try lots of proxies i could find
in the web. None could work.
Some got follow messages:

HTTP/1.0 200 Connection established
*
* *** Looking up your hostname...
* *** Checking ident
* *** Couldn't look up your hostname
* *** No identd (auth) response
* *** Banned: Rez; Please do not spam on Freenode. Email
staff@freenode.net with questions.
* Closing Link: hartt (Banned)

And other even could not connect to.

So i wonder that whether someone know a proxy could login freenode from
china.

Thanks.

Wang Penghui

Re: OT: Is there some proxies to login freenode? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 15:11, Wang Penghui wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I am in Xiamen China. I am using China Telecom's network. But i found
> that i could not login irc.freenode.net.
And did you find out why?

> Few monthes ago, i used a proxy
> to login successfully, but now i have try lots of proxies i could find
> in the web. None could work.

> * Closing Link: hartt (Banned)

The problem here is they will check if the proxy you're using is an open
proxy in which case, it is, as such, they will disconnect you.

> So i wonder that whether someone know a proxy could login freenode from
> china.

Sorry.. but I doubt anyone could be of help

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel

Re: OT: Is there some proxies to login freenode? [ In reply to ]

and what did staff@freenode.net say?