Shift-control-numlock idem. But the only thing getting out is numbers.

I've been changing the XkbOptions and XkbTypes to add keypad(microsoft) to no
avail and all in all I'm getting so frustrated that I'm considering going
back to xfree.

So, anybody with a hint. Where does xorg expect these things to be changed (as
the XF86Config doesn't seem to be the place) Anything else I can check?
Anything at all?

Gerhard

Re: ARGH! XOrg refuses anything but numbers from the keypad.. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 21:54 +0200, Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few days ago I've changed from xfree to xorg. The whole change went smoothly
> but for one thing. OR something has changed in xorg, or the installer messed
> with my setup. But since the change my numpad refuses to do anything else
> than numbers. The numlock switch nicely turns on/off the light.
> Shift-control-numlock idem. But the only thing getting out is numbers.
>
> I've been changing the XkbOptions and XkbTypes to add keypad(microsoft) to no
> avail and all in all I'm getting so frustrated that I'm considering going
> back to xfree.
>
> So, anybody with a hint. Where does xorg expect these things to be changed (as
> the XF86Config doesn't seem to be the place) Anything else I can check?
> Anything at all?
>
> Gerhard

No real hint, but mine works. Here's my keyboard section from
xorg.conf:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

--
Tom Wesley <tom@tomaw.org>
Re: ARGH! XOrg refuses anything but numbers from the keypad.. [ In reply to ]
Gerhard Hoogterp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A few days ago I've changed from xfree to xorg. The whole change went
> smoothly but for one thing. OR something has changed in xorg, or the
> installer messed with my setup. But since the change my numpad refuses to
> do anything else than numbers. The numlock switch nicely turns on/off the
> light. Shift-control-numlock idem. But the only thing getting out is
> numbers.
>
> I've been changing the XkbOptions and XkbTypes to add keypad(microsoft)
> to no avail and all in all I'm getting so frustrated that I'm considering
> going back to xfree.
>
> So, anybody with a hint. Where does xorg expect these things to be changed
> (as the XF86Config doesn't seem to be the place) Anything else I can
> check? Anything at all?
>
> Gerhard

What I had to change was under Section "InputDevice"
the module is now "kbd" not "keyboard"
so change
Driver "keyboard "
Driver "kbd"