Mailing List Archive

Problems with modules
Some time ago, I started having problems with my modules.
I didn't notice at first, since I compile in what I need into the
kernel (2.6.8, currently).

Anyway. Running modprobe now gives:
modprobe: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

Same with depmod:
depmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented

make modules_install gives (amongst others):
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.6.8-gentoo-r10/kernel/drivers/md/dm-crypt.ko
depmod: dm_table_get_mode
depmod: dm_get_device
depmod: dm_put_device
depmod: dm_unregister_target
depmod: dm_register_target

All other modules have similar messages, but obviously other
names. I *do* compile with NPTL (to try to get monodebugger running),
and make modules_install gives me a warning:

Warning: you may need to install module-init-tools

However, removing and reinstalling module-init-tools didn't do anything.

M.