Mailing List Archive

Emerge --sync not working
Hello, when i do emerge --sync , it's not working.
I tried with other mirrors but it is the same.
I connect via a proxy and emerge works fine for installing programs.
It downloads programs via the proxy and everything i want.
Here also the lines of my make.conf:

# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that
automatically built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="belnet
http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="skynet http://ftp.gentoo.skynet.be/pub/gentoo"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.skynet.be/gentoo-portage"
#SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage

system0 root # emerge --sync
Notice: (-2, 'Name or service not known')
>>> starting rsync with rsync://rsync.gentoo.skynet.be/gentoo-portage...
>>> checking server timestamp ...
failed to read from proxy: Success
rsync: failed to connect to 10.51.99.14: Success
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(88)
>>> retry ...
Notice: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

>>> Starting retry 1 of 3 with
rsync://rsync.gentoo.skynet.be/gentoo-portage
>>> checking server timestamp ...
failed to read from proxy: Success
rsync: failed to connect to 10.51.99.14: Success
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(88)
>>> retry ...
Notice: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

>>> Starting retry 2 of 3 with
rsync://rsync.gentoo.skynet.be/gentoo-portage
>>> checking server timestamp ...
failed to read from proxy: Success
rsync: failed to connect to 10.51.99.14: Success
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(88)
>>> retry ...
Notice: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

>>> Starting retry 3 of 3 with
rsync://rsync.gentoo.skynet.be/gentoo-portage
>>> checking server timestamp ...
failed to read from proxy: Success
rsync: failed to connect to 10.51.99.14: Success
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(88)

!!! Rsync has not successfully finished. It is recommended that you keep
!!! trying or that you use the 'emerge-webrsync' option if you are
unable
!!! to use rsync due to firewall or other restrictions. This should be a
!!! temporary problem unless complications exist with your network
!!! (and possibly your system's filesystem) configuration.

Disclaimer :

This e-mail is intended for the exclusive use by the person(s) mentioned as recipient(s).
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately.
This e-mail does not constitute any commitment for Sea-Ro Terminal N.V. or its subsidiaries except when expressly otherwise
agreed in a written agreement between the intended recipient and the originating subsidiaries of Sea-Ro Terminal N.V.
Sea-Ro Terminal and each of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

This mail has been checked for viruses by Symantec and Trend Micro.

Re: Emerge --sync not working [ In reply to ]
Comment out the GENTO_MIRRORS and SYNC lines. I think that will
solve your problem

Best regards
Jose

Re: Emerge --sync not working [ In reply to ]
Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro) wrote:

> Hello, when i do emerge --sync , it's not working.
> I tried with other mirrors but it is the same.
> I connect via a proxy and emerge works fine for installing programs.
> It downloads programs via the proxy and everything i want.
> Here also the lines of my make.conf:
>
> # These settings were set by the catalyst build script that
> automatically built this stage
> # Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
> CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
> CHOST="i386-pc-linux-gnu"
> CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
> MAKEOPTS="-j2"
> GENTOO_MIRRORS="belnet
> http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo"
> GENTOO_MIRRORS="skynet http://ftp.gentoo.skynet.be/pub/gentoo"
> SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.skynet.be/gentoo-portage"
> #SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage

Try commenting both SYNC mirrors and let gentoo use its default.

Also check http://www.freehackers.org/gentoo/gccflags/flag_gcc3.html for
FLAGS