Thanks.

--
Brett I. Holcomb

Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 16 October 2004 21:29, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> I have a bootable CD for Windows XP but I need to create another CD with
> different stuff on it. I've checked the archives, jeeves, etc. and found
> a script in the Gentoo mail list which is supposed to extract a boot
> image from an El Torito. However, when I run it it and redirect it's
> output to a file I get a file that is 8192 bytes long and xcdroast
> complains it's the wrong size for a boot image.
>
> How do I get the boot image off this CD so I can use it in xcdroast?
>
> Thanks.

I don't know of an answer to your specific question, but you might look at a
utility like the 911 CD. http://www.911cd.net

It will create a bootable iso image with whatever Flavor of Windows you own
and need that xcdroast should be able to burn.

Aaron

Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
I found that if I use no emulation boot xcdroast doesn't complain about
the size but the CD still didn't boot.

I'll look at that site.

Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
The WinXP CD boot sector is not emulated and has exactly 2048 bytes. I
have written a little C app. that extracts ONLY the non-emulated boot
sectors out from ISOFSs (not the floppy emulations - didn't have time
to finnish it :D). Of course, I can send you the 2048 bytes bootsector
itself to spare time ;)

Alin.

Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
Yes, I'd love to have it. I ran a perl script I found in the forum and it
extracted something!

Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
You can download my boot extractor from:
http://blue1der.go.ro/isoeltorito/isoeltorito.tar.gz
(uncompress and run make; give the isofile as parameter or the cdrom
device; after running it there will be 2 dumped files: boot.bin and
boot.cat)
and the WinXP boot image from:
http://blue1der.go.ro/bootimg/boot1os.bin

Alin.

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:10:46 -0400 (EDT), Brett I. Holcomb

Re: Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
Thank you. I'll download it and try it. I used the perl script and it gave me a huge file. I did look at bcd from Bart's image extractor but all that is for Windows - although he does have a Win2K boot in there.

Re: Bootable CD for Windows [ In reply to ]
Thank you. I have it.