Anyone know what I'm supposed to emerge to get my Audigy 2 soundcard
working? I didn't think I needed emu10k1 for the 2.6 kernel...?

Aaron

Re: Audigy 2 Driver [ In reply to ]
do you have alsa configured with the right driver compiled in or as a module ?

Re: Audigy 2 Driver [ In reply to ]
kage the octopod wrote:

>do you have alsa configured with the right driver compiled in or as a module ?
>

>On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:26:58 -0400, Aaron <aaron@technosailor.com> wrote:
>

>>Anyone know what I'm supposed to emerge to get my Audigy 2 soundcard
>>working? I didn't think I needed emu10k1 for the 2.6 kernel...?
>>
>>Aaron
>>
>>--
>

>.

I actually don't have alsa compiled. Do I need to? I just got my Gentoo
setup so now I'm going through and sifting through what I have and what
I need.

Aaron

Re: Audigy 2 Driver [ In reply to ]
Aaron wrote:
> Anyone know what I'm supposed to emerge to get my Audigy 2 soundcard
> working? I didn't think I needed emu10k1 for the 2.6 kernel...?
>
> Aaron
>
> --

Of course you do-- it's the device driver for the sound card.

Just because it's in the kernel, and doesn't need to be installed
separately doesn't mean you don't need it.

What exactly have you enabled in Device Drivers=>Sound in the kernel?
Have you enabled ALSA (default is enabled)? Have you enabled a driver
for your sound card (either as a module, or directly compiled in)?

If as a module, have you loaded that module via
/etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6?

Have you edited /etc/modules.conf to reflect your sound card and then
run update-modules as that file suggests?

If so to all that, have you emerged alsa-utils, run alsamixer, unmuted
your mixers, and added the alsasound script to your boot or default
runlevel using rc-update?

If yes to all that, what exactly is the problem that remains (because
any problem that remains is an application configuration problem and not
a general sound problem).

Hope this helps.

Holly