automatic way of doing this or do I have to delete them by hand? Is it
safe to delete them?

TNX

Re: Limited space - delete sources [ In reply to ]
quoth the Khan:
> Hello,
>
> I have very small HDD, but unlimited download, so I would like to delete
> sources (tar.gz, bzip etc) from my HDD after installation. Is there
> automatic way of doing this or do I have to delete them by hand? Is it
> safe to delete them?
>
> TNX

The sources are in /usr/portage/distfiles. It is safe to delete them. On the
Gentoo forums there was a python script that atomatically deleted these, a
quick search should turn it up, or just delete manually.

You will need to download full sources for every re-emerge however, but I
guess you don't mind.

-- -d
Darren Kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.no-ip.com
Get my public key from
http://keyserver.linux.it/pks/lookup?op=index&search=bulliver
Re: Limited space - delete sources [ In reply to ]
Darren Kirby wrote:
> quoth the Khan:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I have very small HDD, but unlimited download, so I would like to delete
>>sources (tar.gz, bzip etc) from my HDD after installation. Is there
>>automatic way of doing this or do I have to delete them by hand? Is it
>>safe to delete them?
>>
>>TNX
>

> The sources are in /usr/portage/distfiles. It is safe to delete them. On the
> Gentoo forums there was a python script that atomatically deleted these, a
> quick search should turn it up, or just delete manually.
>
> You will need to download full sources for every re-emerge however, but I
> guess you don't mind.

TNX, I have 5 Gentoo servers and one of them is local mirror.