Mailing List Archive

Compiling PHP.
I'm running revdep-rebuild and I've found this problem while compiling PHP
(this is after a emerge depclean):
configure: error: Please reinstall ming distribution. libming.(a|so) not
found.

!!! ERROR: dev-php/mod_php-4.3.8 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 362, Exitcode 1
!!! econf failed

Result is not OK, you have following choices:
- if emerge failed during build, fix the problems and re-run revdep-rebuild
or
- use -X or --package-names as first argument (try to rebuild package, not
exact
ebuild - ignores SLOT!)
or
- set ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~<your platform>" and/or /etc/portage/package.unmask
(and remove /root/.revdep-rebuild.5_order to be evaluated again)
or
- modify the above emerge command and run it manually
or
- compile or unmerge unsatisfied packages manually, remove temporary files and
try again (you can edit package/ebuild list first)

Doesn't this mean that PHP shoudl depend on media-libs/ming ?

Thanks
--
Pupeno: pupeno@pupeno.com - http://www.pupeno.com
Re: Compiling PHP. [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 14 October 2004 14:41, Pupeno wrote:
> On Wednesday October 13 2004 14:45, Pupeno wrote:
> > I'm running revdep-rebuild and I've found this problem while compiling
> > PHP (this is after a emerge depclean):
> > configure: error: Please reinstall ming distribution. libming.(a|so) not
> > found.

> Hey! no clues about this ?

PHP does depend on ming, when the flash USE flag is set.

The config.log file may provide more details, as the error message is quite
often erroneous.

--
Mike Williams
Re: Compiling PHP. [ In reply to ]