glibc: 2.3.4
gcc: 3.3.4

d.c.m

Re: eclipse-sdk [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:51:47 -0400, Devon Miller
<devon.c.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am unsuccessfully trying to run eclipse-3.
>
> The emerge went fine, but it crashes when starting with a getfault in
> libjvm.so innediately after a call that appears to be trying to
> convert UTF-16 to UTF-8.

A lot of people get this and the only solution is to unzip a binary
build from eclipse.org in /opt and use that one. It's not the gentoo
built package but it works fine, gentoo still has a lot of troubles
with eclipse unfortunately.
--
"May the source be with you"