the keyword is in this file,is that a correct assumtion?

If qt is going to be installed then why was kde not put
in this list?

I have an onboard chipset for my graphic card can
change my make.conf file to build the server noe?
TIA.
Wayne

P.S. I'm using stage3-x86-2004.2.tar.bz2

Re: Trying to install again. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 04:20:58 -0700, Spencer <infotechsys@pivot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install again from a liveCD.I'm at the point
> where I can configure the USE variable, but before I do
> I have some questios.
> I notice in the /etc/make.profile/make.defaults tha qt is to
> be installed,at lease I think it's going to be install because
> the keyword is in this file,is that a correct assumtion?
>
> If qt is going to be installed then why was kde not put
> in this list?
>
> I have an onboard chipset for my graphic card can
> change my make.conf file to build the server noe?
> TIA.
> Wayne
>
> P.S. I'm using stage3-x86-2004.2.tar.bz2

Just because qt is listed in the USE list doesn't mean it will be
installed. It will only be installed if you emerge it or something
that requires it. Having qt in the USE list basically means that any
package that has the option of using Qt will use it.

And Qt really has nothing to do with kde. Qt happens to be used by
KDE, but there are plenty of other, non-kde apps that use Qt, so I'm
not surprised it would appear in the defaults but kde wouldn't.

I'm not sure what you mean by your last question. But you can emerge
anything you want regardless of what shows up in the make.conf.
Make.conf simply defines the settings that portage uses, not the apps
that it installs.

-Andy