15-19 Allée Claude Forbin
13627 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 1 FRANCE
email: jean.magnanb-at-univ.u-3mrs.fr

Re: upgrading but not emacs [ In reply to ]
jm.bornier writes:

> I'm trying to upgrade my system; "emerge -Upv" tells me that emerge want
> to upgrade emacs to 21.3-r3; but I'm using emacs-cvs, and don't want this
> version. I checked that "emacs-cvs" is in /var/cache/edb/world and not
> "emacs".
> I thought there was a dependency problem so I typed "emerge -OUpv" but
> emacs-21.3-r3 is still in the list of packages it wants to upgrade to.
> Can anyone tell me what to do to exclude this version of emacs of my
> command, and why it is so?

I do not know why this happens, maybe "qpkg -q emacs" will show this.

But you can use "emerge inject app-editors/emacs-21.3-r3" to make
portage believe it is installed already.

Alex
--
Alex Schuster Wonko@wonkology.org PGP Key available
Wonko@netcologne.de

Re: upgrading but not emacs [ In reply to ]
Le 10/11/04 Wonko@wonkology.org (Alex Schuster) a écrit notamment:

> jm.bornier writes:
>
>> I'm trying to upgrade my system; "emerge -Upv" tells me that emerge want
>> to upgrade emacs to 21.3-r3; but I'm using emacs-cvs, and don't want this
>> version. I checked that "emacs-cvs" is in /var/cache/edb/world and not
>> "emacs".
>> I thought there was a dependency problem so I typed "emerge -OUpv" but
>> emacs-21.3-r3 is still in the list of packages it wants to upgrade to.
>> Can anyone tell me what to do to exclude this version of emacs of my
>> command, and why it is so?
>
> I do not know why this happens, maybe "qpkg -q emacs" will show this.
>
> But you can use "emerge inject app-editors/emacs-21.3-r3" to make
> portage believe it is installed already.

Thanks Alex, I'll try that tomorrow
--
Jean Magnan de Bornier
3 Cours Victor Hugo, 13980 Alleins France