I log out, log back in, and java -version says I'm running 1.4.2_05

I poked around a bit and found I have in ~/.gentoo these files:
java java-env java-env.csh java.csh

How are these supposed to be used? I can't find anything that accesses
these files. Am I supposed to add something to my .bashrc to source
java-env? There's nothing to indicate this in the man page or in the
java-config script.

d.c.m

Re: java-config question [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:35:59 -0400, Devon Miller
<devon.c.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> How is java-config *supposed* to work?
>
> When I execute:
> java-config --set-use-vm=sun-jdk-1.5.0
> I get the message:
> Config options added to /home/devon/.gentoo directory
>
> I log out, log back in, and java -version says I'm running 1.4.2_05
>
> I poked around a bit and found I have in ~/.gentoo these files:
> java java-env java-env.csh java.csh
>
> How are these supposed to be used? I can't find anything that accesses
> these files. Am I supposed to add something to my .bashrc to source
> java-env? There's nothing to indicate this in the man page or in the
> java-config script.
>
> d.c.m

From http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/java.xml :

"...
As a regular user, you can use java-config --set-user-vm, which will
create $HOME/.gentoo/java-env with all required env vars. You would
normally source this from your shell's startup script ($HOME/.zshenv
in my case).
..."

I guess you need to put in .bashrc something like "source
/home/devon/.gentoo/java-env"

--
neko

It's still magic even if you know how it's done.