Mailing List Archive

broken smb ioslave
I'm trying to browse windows shares with konqueror using
smb:\\host\share but I get the following error:

An error occurred while loading smb:\\:

Internal Error
Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org
Unknown error condition in stat: Network is unreachable

i can ping all the other machines and I can mount windows shares with

mount -t smbfs //host/share /mnt/host

samba is running with this config:

####config start####

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = Samba Server %v

printcap name = cups
printing = cups
load printers = yes

log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50

interfaces = lo eth0
bind interfaces only = yes

hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.0/24
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

security = share

guest account = samba
guest ok = yes

vfs object = vscan-clamav
vscan-clamav: config-file = /etc/samba/vscan-clamav.conf

[print$]

comment = Printer Drivers
path = /etc/samba/printer # this path holds the driver structure
guest ok = yes
browseable = yes
read only = yes
write list = root

[BJC-210SP]

comment = Canon BJC-210SP Network Printer
printable = yes
path = /var/spool/samba
public = yes
guest ok = yes
printer admin = root

[printers]
comment = All Printers
browseable = no
printable = yes
writable = no
public = yes
printer admin = root

[public]
comment = Public Files
browseable = yes
public = yes
create mode = 0766
guest ok = yes
path = /home/samba/public

####config end####

I'm running gentoo on a public computer in a share house of windows
users, there all pretty keen on it, and making the windows network
available easily would be nice so any help very much appreciated

TIA,
James

Re: broken smb ioslave [ In reply to ]
Have you tried smb://host/share ?

[]'s
Mauro

Re: broken smb ioslave [ In reply to ]
I have tried both forward and backward slash

typing smb:/ brings up an authentication box with

server *

share *

then Username and pass feilds

I dont know what server this is trying to connect to though.