instead of an SASLdb?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: SASL Question [ In reply to ]
On 10/09/2004 02:52 AM, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> Is it possible to have Cyrus SASL 2.x authenticate via an LDAP server
> instead of an SASLdb?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

you can configure saslauthd to use PAM as authentication-backend. With
net-libs/pam_ldap it should be possible to authenticate with a LDAP-server.

Jochen

Re: SASL Question [ In reply to ]
Jochen Schalanda wrote:

> On 10/09/2004 02:52 AM, Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to have Cyrus SASL 2.x authenticate via an LDAP server
>> instead of an SASLdb?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jeff
>>

>> --
>>

> Hi,
> you can configure saslauthd to use PAM as authentication-backend. With
> net-libs/pam_ldap it should be possible to authenticate with a
> LDAP-server.
>
> Jochen

There's no need of the extra PAM step, saslauthd is able to talk
directly to LDAP. Inside the source distribution you may find a sample
file for LDAP access. This file doesn't get copied with the Gentoo
ebuild, so you'll have to find it in the tar itself.

HTH, best regards
Jose

Re: SASL Question [ In reply to ]
Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@opentechnet.com> wrote:
> Jochen Schalanda wrote:
>
>> On 10/09/2004 02:52 AM, Jeff Grossman wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to have Cyrus SASL 2.x authenticate via an LDAP server
>>> instead of an SASLdb?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jeff
>>
>> Hi,
>> you can configure saslauthd to use PAM as authentication-backend. With
>> net-libs/pam_ldap it should be possible to authenticate with a
>> LDAP-server.
>>
>> Jochen
>>
> Hi,
>
> There's no need of the extra PAM step, saslauthd is able to talk
> directly to LDAP. Inside the source distribution you may find a sample
> file for LDAP access. This file doesn't get copied with the Gentoo
> ebuild, so you'll have to find it in the tar itself.
>
> HTH, best regards
> Jose

Great. Thanks for the help. I will take a look at the source file and
see if I can figure out how to get LDAP access set up.

Jeff