Mailing List Archive

Bootstrapping and Ncurses
Alright, so I started a fresh installation one of my laptops. On my
first attempt I used the experimental 2004.3-stage1-*.tar.bz2. I
copied my resolv.conf file and chrooted into the environment.

I did emerge --sync.

I set my make.conf up like this: (isn't exact, I'm in Windows currently)

compiler options were: -O3 -march=i686 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
chost was: i686-pc-gnu-linux

accept_keywords="~x86"

USE="-kde -qt doc objc nptl unicode userlocales"

I removed make.profile and relinked it to
/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2004.2/gcc34/2.6

echo /etc/portage/package.unmask >>
">=sys-something_I_can't_remember/baselayout-1.11*"

emerge --nodeps portage && emerge metadata && env-update && source /etc/profile

I then ran bootstrap-cascade.sh and all seemed well until it got to ncurses.

It kicks out with an error saying that it could not find the directory
or file c++.

I tried it with the 2004.2-stage1.tar.bz2 and same error.

removing userlocales from my USE flags fixed the problem. I noticed
that before ncurses was emerged, what I had put in there was
overwritten.

It seems like that is causing my problems, but how could that effect
the building of ncurses (I did look and the directory DID exist in the
/var/tmp/ncurses/work directory)

Confused, and without a booting Linux. Any help would be appreciated,
and I will try to give more info if needed.

Thanks in Advance,

Jamie R. McPeek