Mailing List Archive

PHP with IMAP support
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am trying to get
PHP installed with IMAP support. It says that I need to install using
the --with-imap=/dir but how do I do that with Gentoo?

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]
Ok, I am doing that at the moment hopefully it will work. Will it find
the imap client dir by itself?

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]
I am still getting a undefined function

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_open() in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/index.php on line 39

I am not sure what else I need to do, I am on php.net and wondering do I
need to tell php where c-client is or maybe install imap2000b

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]
Nevermind, I was just being stupid I forgot to restart my apache2.
Thanks for the help it looks like it will work

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]
Timothy Johnson wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am trying to get
> PHP installed with IMAP support. It says that I need to install using
> the --with-imap=/dir but how do I do that with Gentoo?

you can try:

USE="imap"

then

emerge php
emerge mod_php

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 01:52, Timothy Johnson wrote:
> Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am trying to get
> PHP installed with IMAP support. It says that I need to install using
> the --with-imap=/dir but how do I do that with Gentoo?

Seems IMAP support is the default:

neteng-iain root # emerge -pv php

Calculating dependencies ...done!
.
.
.
[ebuild N ] dev-php/php-4.3.9 +X +berkdb +crypt -curl -debug -debug
-doc -fdftk -firebird -flash -freetds -gd -gd-external +gdbm -gmp
-hardenedphp +imap -informix -ipv6 +java +jpeg -kerberos +ldap -mcal
-memlimit -mssql -mysql +ncurses +nls -oci8 -odbc +pam +pdflib +png
-postgres -qt +readline -snmp +spell +ssl -tiff +truetype +xml2 -yaz
3,908 kB

Regs.

Iain.

Re: PHP with IMAP support [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 07 Oct 2004 01:37, Timothy Johnson wrote:
> I am still getting a undefined function
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_open() in
> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/index.php on line 39

Have you restarted Apache? If not, you need to restart apache. If you've
restarted apache, is imap in your USE flags? (emerge -pv mod_php will show
you).

> I am not sure what else I need to do, I am on php.net and wondering do I
> need to tell php where c-client is or maybe install imap2000b

If you have c-client installed (emerge c-client), then all you need to do it
emerge mod_php; if imap is in your USE (/etc/make.conf) just

$ emerge mod_php

should work for you, othwise you can enable it on the command line

$ USE=imap emerge mod_php

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4