belong?

Thanks in advance, best regards
Jose

Re: libcom_err.so.1 missing - which packet??? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 06 October 2004 18:10, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have several applications failing due to an unresolved reference
> to this library. Can anybody tell me to which packet does this library
> belong?

libcom_err is part of mit-krb5 (and possible other kerberos implementations).
To fix them, run revdep-rebuild, don't try and second guess portage by
installing older versions of kerberos.

--
Mike Williams
Re: libcom_err.so.1 missing - which packet??? [ In reply to ]
Mike Williams wrote:

>On Wednesday 06 October 2004 18:10, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
>

>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have several applications failing due to an unresolved reference
>>to this library. Can anybody tell me to which packet does this library
>>belong?
>>

>libcom_err is part of mit-krb5 (and possible other kerberos implementations).
>To fix them, run revdep-rebuild, don't try and second guess portage by
>installing older versions of kerberos.

Thanks Mike, I have just discovered that it was in heimdal. I had
run revdep-rebuild, but for some reason that wasn't solving the problem
although heimdal was in the list of packages to emerge... I have emerged
heimdal manually and now everything it's working properly.