Mailing List Archive

need help with ppp0
Hi,

I'm trying to setup a modem connection for my laptop (kernel 2.4.22, winmodem working with slmodem).
I tried wvdial which was able to establish a connection but there were issues with name resolution (resolv.conf was not setup corectly). I also tried pppconfig, but could never get it to work.
Suddenly I noticed the /etc/init.d/net.ppp0 script, configured it in /etc/conf.d/net.ppp0 and it worked.
So I uninstalled wvdial and pppconfig because I thought I didn't need them any more. After that the net.ppp0 script would not work. I tried to re-install both of them, but I'm not able to connect any more, whatever program I use...
I probably mixed up a config somewhere, but I've got no idea where...
Where should I look first? I could not find much info about dialup connection in the gentoo handbook.

Thank you for any help,

Matthieu