Has anyone a 'HOWTO' type of guide on installing Visio2000 under wine??
It would appear that each time I try executing 'wine
/mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe' I get a splash screen, click on the install option
and then nothing. Running 'top' shows the process just drops out.

Has someone managed to install this application and would they share
their method??

Thanks.

Iain.

Re: Visio2000 & wine (not cxoffice). [ In reply to ]
Iain wrote:

>Has anyone a 'HOWTO' type of guide on installing Visio2000 under wine??
>It would appear that each time I try executing 'wine
>/mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe' I get a splash screen, click on the install option
>and then nothing. Running 'top' shows the process just drops out.
>
>Has someone managed to install this application and would they share
>their method??
>
>Thanks.
>
>Iain.

Not an answer to your question, but have you tried Poseidon? It has now
support for UML 2.0 .

http://www.gentleware.com/products/download.php4

Francisco

P.S.: poseidonCE is in the portage tree

Re: Visio2000 & wine (not cxoffice). [ In reply to ]
> >Has anyone a 'HOWTO' type of guide on installing Visio2000 under wine??
> >It would appear that each time I try executing 'wine
> >/mnt/cdrom/Setup.exe' I get a splash screen, click on the install option
> >and then nothing. Running 'top' shows the process just drops out.
> >
> >Has someone managed to install this application and would they share
> >their method??

> Not an answer to your question, but have you tried Poseidon? It has now
> support for UML 2.0 .
>
> http://www.gentleware.com/products/download.php4
>
> Francisco
>
> P.S.: poseidonCE is in the portage tree

Not really what I'm looking for. The requirement is for creating network
diagrams. DIA is not really up to the task (last time I checked it) and
in anycase, I don't really want to start recreating all the existing
diagrams.

Iain.