Mailing List Archive

[Off-Topic Reply] Re: [gentoo-user] Linux compatible mp3 player?
I don't know if it helps, but have you tried compiling different partition support
into your kernel? On my 2.6.9-rc3, its under "Partition Types --> Advanced
Partition Selection" Although I'm not sure which one of those you should use.

If you do not have anything important on it, perhaps you coudl try to use fdisk
on the whole device? (It is probably /dev/sdX.)

--
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
/\ vCards, and proprietary formats.
Re: [Off-Topic Reply] Re: [gentoo-user] Linux compatible mp3 player? [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 06 October 2004 04:33, Peter Gordon wrote:
> I don't know if it helps, but have you tried compiling different partition
> support into your kernel? On my 2.6.9-rc3, its under "Partition Types -->
> Advanced Partition Selection" Although I'm not sure which one of those you
> should use.

maybe I'll try, I was offered another one : Philips HD100
it's a mass storage device, but the music database has to be updated with a
Windows piece of software. the one supplied by Philips sucks but there is an
alternative that's far better.

Azhdeen