Where do I get it out from?

Thanks folks

bye Thilo

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
Thilo Six wrote, On 05.10.2004 21:49:
> Hello

> e.g. I haven´t found the way to access the Vim Commandline in Cream.
> I now used Vim for perhaps one week, but I can´t live without it
> anymore.

OK I found it.

Settings > Preferences > Expert Mode

> The other thing is that Cream doesn´t read my ~/.vimrc file.
> Is there an other file to configurate Cream?
>

> Now what I like to do is to mix them a little up
> e.g. Keybingings, Menu Entries and the Statusline.
>
> Would it be easier to fetch this out from Cream and put it into Gvim, or
> the other way round?
> Where do I get it out from?

But still haven´t a glue about this.
Cream doesn´t have a plugin/ folder and it doesn´t read that one from
Vim.
I had installed some extension but they are not available in Cream.

hmmm

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
Thilo Six wrote, On 05.10.2004 22:36:

>>Now what I like to do is to mix them a little up
>>e.g. Keybingings, Menu Entries and the Statusline.
>>
>>Would it be easier to fetch this out from Cream and put it into Gvim, or
>>the other way round?
>>Where do I get it out from?
>

> But still haven´t a glue about this.
> Cream doesn´t have a plugin/ folder and it doesn´t read that one from
> Vim.
> I had installed some extension but they are not available in Cream.

seems that http://cream.sourceforge.net/faq.html#0103
covers my questions.

bye Thilo

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:49:27 +0200 Thilo Six <T.Six@gmx.de> wrote:

| e.g. I haven´t found the way to access the Vim Commandline in Cream.
| I now used Vim for perhaps one week, but I can´t live without it
| anymore.

ctrl+o :

Actually, stop being such a girl and use gvim like everyone else. :P

(awaits flames from feminists, cream users, emacs users, console vim
users and that guy who still uses nano)

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
Ciaran McCreesh wrote, On 06.10.2004 00:15:
> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 21:49:27 +0200 Thilo Six <T.Six@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> | e.g. I haven´t found the way to access the Vim Commandline in Cream.
> | I now used Vim for perhaps one week, but I can´t live without it
> | anymore.
>
> ctrl+o :
>
> Actually, stop being such a girl and use gvim like everyone else. :P
>
> (awaits flames from feminists, cream users, emacs users, console vim
> users and that guy who still uses nano)

*lol* ;)

ok I would and I also do, but I just think some things could be better
customized to gain even more from it.

And some things in Cream are just the way I would like to have it.
Keybingings and Menu Entries and also this behavior of the Escape Key,
that changes between insert and normal mode, come in to mind.
Somehow this is more "natural" to me.

Those I would like to have in gvim, that would be mega cool. :)

I played the lasthours with cream and could not get it to load
minibufexpl.

Isn´t there somewhere a file where Cream stores those things?
Then I would plain copy n´ paste it over.

Just to resume what I would like to have:

- The Escape Key like in Cream, switch between normal- and insert mode.
- Cream somehow seems to be per default in insert mode and changes over
to normal mode if necessary. I have allready tried "set im" in gvim
but this doesn´t seem to be the same.
- CTRL+C, CTRL+X and CTRL+V like in Cream, as it seems in Cream I can
just can mark text and override it e.g. with CTRL+C as I get used to.
- some of the Menu entries.

Is there somehow a simple way to make this also in gvim possible?

Thank you

bye Thilo

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 05 October 2004 05:15 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> ctrl+o :
>
> Actually, stop being such a girl and use gvim like everyone else. :P

kvim is better.. ;)

> (awaits flames from feminists, cream users, emacs users, console vim
> users and that guy who still uses nano)

Flame on..

Jeff
Jabber: tradergt@(smelser.org|jabber.org)
Quote: Migratory lifeform with a tropism for bookstores.
Re: (Vim <=> Cream) < emacs [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 17:15, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> Actually, stop being such a girl and use gvim like everyone else. :P
>
> (awaits flames from feminists, cream users, emacs users, console vim
> users and that guy who still uses nano)

RAWR! Get with the program! Linux is just a bootloader for emacs.
Towers of Hanoi is the greatest game ever and modes are for...

...well... other people I guess.

I think I suck at flamewars.
--
Owen Ford <oford@arghblech.com>

/\ - against proprietary attachments
Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 17:15, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> (awaits flames from feminists, cream users, emacs users, console vim
> users and that guy who still uses nano)

You forgot us real men who use ed :)

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 07 October 2004 08:02 am, Paul Varner wrote:

> You forgot us real men who use ed :)

I am waiting for the posix version of edlin, the best editor out there.. ;)

Jeff
Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
> I am waiting for the posix version of edlin, the best editor out there.. ;)

Don't give me any ideas - I've got enough BOFH angst to actually do that today.

--
Ed

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
Edward Guldemond wrote:
>>I am waiting for the posix version of edlin, the best editor out there.. ;)
>

> Don't give me any ideas - I've got enough BOFH angst to actually do that today.

Hey, thanks for that, Edward-- you gave me a chance to see if the
AcronymFinder search plugin for Firefox works (it does).

;-)

Holly

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Holly Bostick wrote:

> >>I am waiting for the posix version of edlin, the best editor out there.. ;)
> >

> > Don't give me any ideas - I've got enough BOFH angst to actually do that today.
> >
> Hey, thanks for that, Edward-- you gave me a chance to see if the
> AcronymFinder search plugin for Firefox works (it does).

Bah. emerge wtf :)

--
Sometimes the garbage disposal gods demand a spoon
() The ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML Email,

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
* On Thu Oct-07-2004 at 03:19:15 PM -0400, Marshal Newrock said:

> > > Don't give me any ideas - I've got enough BOFH angst to actually do that today.
> > >
> > Hey, thanks for that, Edward-- you gave me a chance to see if the
> > AcronymFinder search plugin for Firefox works (it does).
>
> Bah. emerge wtf :)

Who [tf] knew that wtf would know about the bofh?

--
Sami Samhuri
Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
041007 Holly Bostick wrote:
> Edward Guldemond wrote:
>> Don't give me any ideas -
>> I've got enough BOFH angst to actually do that today.
> Hey, thanks for that, Edward-- you gave me a chance to see
> if the AcronymFinder search plugin for Firefox works (it does).

my acronym searcher gives 'beautiful operatrix from heaven' (grin),
but my own guess is 'been off for holiday', given the accompanying angst.

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@chass.utoronto.ca
ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto

Re: Vim <=> Cream [ In reply to ]
* On Thu Oct-07-2004 at 11:38:07 PM -0400, purslow@sympatico.ca said:
> 041007 Holly Bostick wrote:
> > Edward Guldemond wrote:
> >> Don't give me any ideas -
> >> I've got enough BOFH angst to actually do that today.
> > Hey, thanks for that, Edward-- you gave me a chance to see
> > if the AcronymFinder search plugin for Firefox works (it does).
>
> my acronym searcher gives 'beautiful operatrix from heaven' (grin),
> but my own guess is 'been off for holiday', given the accompanying angst.

sjs@diavolo ~ % wtf is bofh
BOFH: bastard operator from hell

Read http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard1.html for a few good laughs.

--