Can i receive Gmail in gentoo Linux, and if i can how to do it ???
--
[dk]neo2k

Re: Gmail and Thunderbird [ In reply to ]
Dennis Hedegaard wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can i receive Gmail in gentoo Linux, and if i can how to do it ???

Yes:

http://freepops.sourceforge.net/en/
http://freepops.sourceforge.net/en/viewplugin.php?plugin=gmail.lua

as long as several other plugins for other webmail servers:
http://freepops.sourceforge.net/en/viewplugins.php

Don't know if it is in the portage tree, though

Francisco

Re: Gmail and Thunderbird [ In reply to ]
On Monday 04 October 2004 13:40, Dennis Hedegaard wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can i receive Gmail in gentoo Linux, and if i can how to do it ???

Why does your subject say gmail in thunderbird, and your message gmail in
gentoo linux?

Gmail is a webmail system, and has no other means of access. So you can't use
thunderbird.

--
Mike Williams
Re: Gmail and Thunderbird [ In reply to ]
Because i want to read my gmail in thunderbird :)

--
[dk]neo2k

Re: Gmail and Thunderbird [ In reply to ]
GMail is a web based system so you just need a web browser that GMail likes. I
have found it works happily with Firefox but complains about Konqueror. As it
works with Firefox it will also work with Mozilla.

So the answer is YES, use Firefox.

Kevin.