Luigi
--
Nothing is ever a total loss; it can always serve as a bad example.
Re: mplayerplugin [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:46:03 +0200, Luigi Pinna
<520013827829-0001@t-online.de> wrote:
> Hello!
> I want to use the mplayerplugin in mozilla, firefox and konqueror, I
> emerged it but I cannot listen or see nothing that requires windows
> media player.
> What I can do for solve it?

I had a shocker of a time with mplayerplugin... I would suggest trying
to install masked versions, including if need be hardmasked versions,
until you get a good combo. The version of mplayer shouldn't matter if
you have a very recent one, but you never know.
I know that version 2.66 works with mplayer 1.0pre5-r3 and mozilla
1.7.3, try those first.
hth
Cheers
Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at

Re: mplayerplugin [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 23:02:24 +0200, Antoine <melser.anton@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:46:03 +0200, Luigi Pinna
> <520013827829-0001@t-online.de> wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I want to use the mplayerplugin in mozilla, firefox and konqueror, I
> > emerged it but I cannot listen or see nothing that requires windows
> > media player.
> > What I can do for solve it?
>
> I had a shocker of a time with mplayerplugin... I would suggest trying
> to install masked versions, including if need be hardmasked versions,
> until you get a good combo. The version of mplayer shouldn't matter if
> you have a very recent one, but you never know.
> I know that version 2.66 works with mplayer 1.0pre5-r3 and mozilla
> 1.7.3, try those first.

I'm using mplayer-1.0_pre5-r3 and mplayerplug-in-2.66 with
mozilla-firefox-1.0_pre-r2 and
mozilla-1.7.3 with no problems. Do 'about:plugins' in either of the
mozilla products. If installed correctly, you should see 'QuickTime
Plug-in 6.0, Windows Media Player Plugin are supported by
mplayerplug-in' with a sh#tpot full of mime types. If not, check that
you have the appropriate symlink in /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/plugins
and /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. For me this is

mplayerplug-in.so -> /opt/netscape/plugins/mplayerplug-in.so

I don't have a clue about plugins in konqueror. I've tried updating
the settings and adding the plugin to video -> quicktime, but it
doesn't work. Some kde gurus will need to crawl out of the bushes.

--
/\/\
(CR) Collins Richey

Re: mplayerplugin [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:30:02 -0600, Collins Richey <crichey@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I'm using mplayer-1.0_pre5-r3 and mplayerplug-in-2.66 with
> mozilla-firefox-1.0_pre-r2 and
> mozilla-1.7.3 with no problems.
<SNIP>

Hi Collins,
I'm trying this combination out with Mozilla-1.7.3. Mostly it looks
very good, but one thing I cannot do is use the Yahoo LaunchCast site.
I never get as far as audio since I get this message:

ERROR

To use this application with Netscape, you must use a 4.7x or 7.1
version. Download now.

Please use the following error code when writing to Yahoo! Help.
(Error Code: 12)

Try going to Yahoo, then looking for the Music link in the top area of
links, and then getting anything to work. I miss this site from my
Windows days.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: mplayerplugin [ In reply to ]
Alle 23:02, domenica 03 ottobre 2004, Antoine ha scritto:

> I had a shocker of a time with mplayerplugin... I would suggest
> trying to install masked versions, including if need be hardmasked
> versions, until you get a good combo. The version of mplayer
> shouldn't matter if you have a very recent one, but you never know.
> I know that version 2.66 works with mplayer 1.0pre5-r3 and mozilla
> 1.7.3, try those first.
> hth
> Cheers
> Antoine

I tried but ... no changed! I want to try with vlc plug in but vlc
doesn't compile (I use now gcc 3.4.1, probably is a compatible problem)
Luigi
--
I thrive on change... I thrive on making other people change.
-- Calvin