kde-base/kdebase-3.2.0
but I have already intalled kdebase 3.3.0 (and complete kde 3.3.0)

How can I look for the package witch is forcing to install kdebase-3.2.0?

Thanks

--
Saludos

Manuel Pérez López
http://www.ieduca.net

Re: emerge want to install old kde [ In reply to ]
Manuel Pérez López wrote:
> Hi!:
>
> emerge -pvD world
> wants to intall
> kde-base/kdebase-3.2.0
> but I have already intalled kdebase 3.3.0 (and complete kde 3.3.0)
>
> How can I look for the package witch is forcing to install kdebase-3.2.0?
>
> Thanks

If you use emerge -pvDt world, you will get a tree view of the packages
that are requiring the --deep emerge packages. They will be listed in
blue (if your view is colorized) and will have [ nomerge] in front of
them. The packages list will be listed in reverse order and indented so
that you can (fairly easily) see which installed package is related to
which emerged package, and decide what to do about it.

Alternatively, if your emerge world is not many packages, you could just
manually emerge all the other packages listed except kde-3.2.0 and worry
about the rogue emerge later.

Hope this helps.

Holly