Mailing List Archive

How do I stop alsa-driver from installing (or failing)?
Every time I upgrade, emerge tries to install alsa-driver. This was ok
when I has my sound card set up as a driver, but I've compiled it into
my kernel for ease of use (and I had problems getting the driver to
work). (I'm also using kernel 2.6.8.1).

When it gets to alsa-driver, it complains that I have it compiled into
my kernel.
1) How do I find out *why* this package keeps getting installed
2) Is there any way I can stop this package from being installed while
leaving others that may depends on it?
3) Is there any way I can fix the build to install even though I have
it compiled into my kernel (having the module in the filesystem hurts
nothing)?

--
paperCrane --Justin Patrin--