NameError: global name 'die' is not defined

I briefly browsed through the sources and it seems that there is no such
function defined in them. What's wrong then?

Re: equery problem [ In reply to ]
> Dear Group,
> I have a small problem with a program from gentoolkit suite. When I try
> "equery uses ethereal" (as suggested here:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoolkit.xml), I get the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/equery", line 1434, in ?
> cmd.perform(local_opts)
> File "/usr/bin/equery", line 455, in perform
> die(3, "No " + s + "packages found for " + pp.pkgquery(query))
> NameError: global name 'die' is not defined

This same query works fine for me with gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre8. Maybe you
should try re-emerging gentoolkit or upgrading if you don't have the same
version I have.

byron

Re: equery problem [ In reply to ]
Peter Ruskin wrote, On 01.10.2004 19:11:

> Is there a query that will find all packages that USE a given useflag?

Have a look here:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=67849

There you will find:
*usetool* will give you a detailed analysis of package USE flags.

I guess this does what you require.

bye Thilo

Re: equery problem [ In reply to ]
Byron Pezan wrote:

>>Dear Group,
>>I have a small problem with a program from gentoolkit suite. When I try
>>"equery uses ethereal" (as suggested here:
>>http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoolkit.xml), I get the following error:
>>
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/bin/equery", line 1434, in ?
>> cmd.perform(local_opts)
>> File "/usr/bin/equery", line 455, in perform
>> die(3, "No " + s + "packages found for " + pp.pkgquery(query))
>>NameError: global name 'die' is not defined
>>

>This same query works fine for me with gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre8. Maybe you
>should try re-emerging gentoolkit or upgrading if you don't have the same
>version I have.
>
>byron
>

>--

# qpkg -I -v gentoolkit
app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.0_pre9 *

newer = better?

Re: equery problem [ In reply to ]
Peter Ruskin wrote, On 01.10.2004 21:56:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 19:11, Thilo Six wrote:
>
>>Have a look here:
>>http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=67849
>>
>>There you will find:
>>*usetool* will give you a detailed analysis of package USE flags.
>

> Nice...I like usetool. Thanks Thilo.

;) your welcome