that could fulfill those two failed.

Any help would be appreciated.

~Jamie R. McPeek

Re: Installing Gnome [ In reply to ]
Jamie R. McPeek wrote, On 30.09.2004 22:01:

> Is there anyway I can make Portage "think" something is installed,
> when it isn't?

emerge inject net-www/mozilla

inject (-i short option)
Add a stub entry for a package so that Portage thinks that it's
installed when it really isn't. Handy if you roll your own
packages.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> ~Jamie R. McPeek

bye Thilo

Re: Re: Installing Gnome [ In reply to ]
> inject (-i short option)
> Add a stub entry for a package so that Portage thinks that it's
> installed when it really isn't. Handy if you roll your own
> packages.

Thanks, that helped!

Re: Installing Gnome [ In reply to ]
Hi Jamie,

Quoting "Jamie R. McPeek" <Delphi03@gmail.com>:
> When I emerge -pvD gnome
> I get a list that includes Epiphany and Mozilla. I would rather not
> install either of those, as I would like to use Firefox as my browser.
> Is there anyway I can make Portage "think" something is installed,
> when it isn't?

may be gnome-light is what you looking for?
or alternatively, you can unmerge these two after gnome is installed.

HTH
-R'twick

Re: Installing Gnome [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:52:45 -0400, R'twick Niceorgaw
<rtwick-d-1097009567.f5b80e@utkalika.net> wrote:
> Hi Jamie,
>
> Quoting "Jamie R. McPeek" <Delphi03@gmail.com>:
> > When I emerge -pvD gnome
> > I get a list that includes Epiphany and Mozilla. I would rather not
> > install either of those, as I would like to use Firefox as my browser.
> > Is there anyway I can make Portage "think" something is installed,
> > when it isn't?
> >
> may be gnome-light is what you looking for?
> or alternatively, you can unmerge these two after gnome is installed.

what about -mozilla and -epiphany in make.conf? would that work?
Cheers
Antoine

--
G System, The Evolving GUniverse - http://www.g-system.at

Re: Installing Gnome [ In reply to ]
> > may be gnome-light is what you looking for?
> > or alternatively, you can unmerge these two after gnome is installed.

That looks a little better even. Thanks for everyone's help!