(o< Andrew Elliott
//\ theWAY Computing
V_/_ mailto:bigdaddyame@gmail.com
Re: xorg - how do I start it without the --no-listen mode? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 09:16:56AM -0400, Andrew Elliott wrote:
> I had this working until I moved to xorg, and I think it was
> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf where I turned it off before, but I can't find
> it this time.

Edit /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers and take out the -nolisten tcp.
Tom
Re: xorg - how do I start it without the --no-listen mode? [ In reply to ]
Andrew Elliott wrote:

> I had this working until I moved to xorg, and I think it was
> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf where I turned it off before, but I can't find
> it this time.

# <some grep command>
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx:defaultserverargs="-nolisten tcp -br"

the startx program looks for these files:

$HOME/.xserverrc
/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc

if it finds those, then it overrides defaultserverargs

My guess is that xserverrc is a file that would be actually executed
such as $HOME/.xinitrc and /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.