Mailing List Archive

Icons during boot

Re: Icons during boot [ In reply to ]
R S Gill wrote:
> OK this might sound dumb but I'm a noob.
>
> Does Gentoo automagically get configured to use icons/progress bar
> during boot like the Live CD does?
>
> Gill

No, it doesn't. See [1] for instructions on how to do it with the
gentoo-dev-sources kernel. If you use another kernel, be sure to see
which splash method it uses: bootsplash or gensplash. See the links in
the Changelog of gentoo-dev-sources for details.

[1] http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=206778

--

Adi