--
JID: drolyk@jabber.ru
ICQ: 105266647
Re: Unmerge gnome with all deps [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 04:30:36 +0400, Makurin Roman
<koshka_enott@hotbox.ru> wrote:
> Hi Gentoo Folks!
> I don`t need gnome anymore, and I want to unmerge it with all deps.
> How can I do this easyly ?

Some would say 'emerge depclean' would be the way to go......

I would suggest cd /usr/portage/gnome-base and emerge -C * ... And the
same thing with gnome-extras. It's the only way to get rid of all
it... Then do an emerge depclean to get all the extra dependancies
out.

--
-Jokr 2 Thief
Your speedbump on the information super highway.

Re: Unmerge gnome with all deps [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:51:46 -0400, Jokr2 Thief wrote:

> I would suggest cd /usr/portage/gnome-base and emerge -C * ... And the
> same thing with gnome-extras. It's the only way to get rid of all
> it... Then do an emerge depclean to get all the extra dependancies
> out.

Followed by revdep-rebuild, as you may have programs that depend on the
GNOME libs.

--
Neil Bothwick

Set phasers to extreme itching!