Mailing List Archive

Qmail SMTP-behaviour

Re: Qmail SMTP-behaviour [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:26:02 +0200
Lode Vanstechelman <lode.vanstechelman@vub.ac.be> wrote:

> I've installed qmail on my router. Is there a way that you know of that
> I can configure qmail to accept and relay ALL mail from the internal
> interface, and to accept ONLY mail for my domain on the external interface?
>
> I know both are possible, but are they possible at the same time?

Here's my configuration for tcpserver and qmail :

root@calaquendi.org 12:52:14$ cat tcp
#/etc/tcpserver/smtp.rules
#
# No Qmail-Scanner at all for mail from 127.0.0.1
127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"
192.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"
# Use Qmail-Scanner with SpamAssassin on any mail from the rest of the world
:allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"

Something like that should work...

--
Julien Cassignol

Re: Qmail SMTP-behaviour [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Julien Cassignol wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:26:02 +0200
> Lode Vanstechelman <lode.vanstechelman@vub.ac.be> wrote:
>
> > I've installed qmail on my router. Is there a way that you know of that
> > I can configure qmail to accept and relay ALL mail from the internal
> > interface, and to accept ONLY mail for my domain on the external interface?
> >
> > I know both are possible, but are they possible at the same time?
>
> Here's my configuration for tcpserver and qmail :
>
> root@calaquendi.org 12:52:14$ cat tcp
> #/etc/tcpserver/smtp.rules
> #
> # No Qmail-Scanner at all for mail from 127.0.0.1
> 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"
> 192.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",RBLSMTPD="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"
> # Use Qmail-Scanner with SpamAssassin on any mail from the rest of the world
> :allow,QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl"
>
> Something like that should work...

Qmail decides which domains to accept mail for based on what
you've configured in /var/qmail/control/ Relaying on the other hand is
controlled via the /etc/tcp.smtp so yes you can do both.

I'd also some more specific rules than the above such as 192.168. instead
of just 192.

kashani