work with the iMac but which also supports x.org 'out of the box' -- I don't
want to use Xfree. Thanks.

Ed

Re: Gentoo on PPC? [ In reply to ]
Ed Sutherland wrote:
> I'm having trouble installing 2004.2 on my 500Mhz NewWorld iMac. (I can't
> seem to get Yaboot working. Either it gives me an error about the pci boot
> string, it locks up with a grey screen or just boots into Mac OS X.) Is
> 2004.1 more stable? I'm looking for a ppc version of Gentoo that is known to
> work with the iMac but which also supports x.org 'out of the box' -- I don't
> want to use Xfree. Thanks.

You should try the gentoo-ppc mailing list for PPC-specific issues. Send an
email to gentoo-ppc-subscribe@lists.gentoo.org to subscribe. Also, there is the
#gentoo-ppc IRC channel on Freenode.

There aren't really such things as "versions" with Gentoo. You could do an
install from a 3-year-old LiveCD and have xorg working "out of the box" the same
as with a brand new LiveCD.

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator