thanks

Ryan "Phoenix" Coates
ryan.coates@gmail.com

Re: Apache2 and mod_php [ In reply to ]
Ryan Coates wrote:

>can anyone tell me where mod_php is located after its emerged?
>the apache2 installation seems a little different than i'm used to,
>and i am trying to start it with php support, but no luck so far
>any help would be appreciated
>thanks

vi /etc/conf.d/apache2

-D PHP4

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Tom Veldhouse
Re: Apache2 and mod_php [ In reply to ]
well this change seems to of done something
(i used -D PHP5 as thats what im using)
now instead of the page just showing the php code unformatted, i get a
blank page, thats it
any ideas?

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:58:29 -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@veldy.net> wrote:
> Ryan Coates wrote:
>
> >can anyone tell me where mod_php is located after its emerged?
> >the apache2 installation seems a little different than i'm used to,
> >and i am trying to start it with php support, but no luck so far
> >any help would be appreciated
> >thanks
> >

> vi /etc/conf.d/apache2
>
> -D PHP4
>
> /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
>
> Tom Veldhouse

Ryan "Phoenix" Coates
ryan.coates@gmail.com

Re: Apache2 and mod_php [ In reply to ]
> well this change seems to of done something
> (i used -D PHP5 as thats what im using)
> now instead of the page just showing the php code unformatted, i get a
> blank page, thats it
> any ideas?

Bad script? Error in the script itself? Check
/var/log/apache2/error_log, and see if PHP complained about something.

The easiest way to test your PHP installation is to create a .php file
somewhere in your htdocs directory, with the following:

<? phpinfo(); ?>

...and then point your browser at the page.

Re: Apache2 and mod_php [ In reply to ]
>>well this change seems to of done something
>>(i used -D PHP5 as thats what im using)
>>now instead of the page just showing the php code unformatted, i get a
>>blank page, thats it
>>any ideas?

Sounds like apache doesnt know that a php script is not plain text.

Did you remember to put "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" in
httpd.conf?

Check the php.net website for apache installation doc.

Rgs
Adam

Re: Apache2 and mod_php [ In reply to ]
well its rendering /myphpadmin fine
just now /phpsysadmin
im thinking it might be a phpsysadmin error but i cant find any
problems or instructions post emerge

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:42:06 +1000, Adam Carter <adam@jaftan.com.au> wrote:
> >>well this change seems to of done something
> >>(i used -D PHP5 as thats what im using)
> >>now instead of the page just showing the php code unformatted, i get a
> >>blank page, thats it
> >>any ideas?
>
> Sounds like apache doesnt know that a php script is not plain text.
>
> Did you remember to put "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" in
> httpd.conf?
>
> Check the php.net website for apache installation doc.
>
> Rgs
> Adam

Ryan "Phoenix" Coates
ryan.coates@gmail.com